Pages

Monday 2 July 2012

Grayson Perry & Nina Conti

I've really been enjoying Grayson Perry's All In The Best Possible Taste. His show at Victoria Miro looks good and reminds me how sad I was when I missed his Tomb of the Lone Craftman at the British Museum.

The best of the three shows has been the one looking at Middle Class culture: 



And here he is talking about the reasons behind making the show:


 

I've really changed my opinion on him. Watching the way he presents and delivers his work is great. I love his drawing style and found his openness to the way he works really interesting:



I also love that he has a blog for his childhood teddy bear (Alan Measles) and that this bear appears in a lot of his work. The blog and multi-persona of Grayson also rang with me recently when discovering the ventriloquist Nina Conti. I found her two shows (A Ventriloquists Story: Her Master's Voice and Make Me Happy: A Monkey's Search For Happiness) fantastic.
Here is Nina and Monkey looking at Contemporary Art:

No comments:

Post a Comment