It's nearing the end of term, I am due to present my work for assessment on Monday and as it's been a while since I've updated, here are some pictures of what I've been up to:
|By simplifying my movement drawings to the essence of the act, |
I formed these into copper wire.
|Into the wire I used expanding foam|
which created some interesting organic like shapes.
From these I made some plaster moulds which I then used for slip-casting in porcelain
|The foam objects were quite complex in shape |
and suffered from a lot of undercuts in the casting process
|this resulted in a lot of tears and breaks in the casts|
|but as a collection they worked well together|
|Once fired I experimented with how they might look with lighting inside them.|
Visualization was an essential part of this project as the work was intended for a large-scale installation. Here are images of the casts in 'situ':
|a stumble-upon installation in an only rum distillery|
|and a suggestion as large scale stage set for a dance/physical theatre performance.|