Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Developing in Wire and 3D Drawing

Whilst working through my last project I have become enveloped by the notion of conceptual drawing. This is something I want to push over the coming year and am excited for where it might lead. I was pointed in the direction of Fritz Panzer the other day, he creates HUGE spatial works that have real energy to them - I love it!


Anthony Gormley can be found in this bracket too - just look at those manic swirls!


My own drawings and creations are starting to take some kind of form. I'm struggling for what they 'are' or 'where they belong' but all will become clear in time I am sure/at least hope! 

drawings becoming forms...becoming drawings? again?
drawing from the page...
and literally jumping out of it! 
Resulting in a funny set of characters! But which performance are they acting out?
Addressing tension and the sense of space, pull, motion, stillness....

but where will it all lead next?
I found my tutorial today quite helpful, with suggestions of playground structures and how they react to the space. 

my chosen location: the old rum distillery in Spain
So I am going to continue playing with wire and bring to that some ceramic forms too. We'll see how they interact with one another and from that create the stage for the end product, or idea, or pieces or whatever it's going to turn out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment