Friday, 30 November 2012

Mouldmaking, Slipcasting, Visualising and, Assessment!

It's nearing the end of term, I am due to present my work for assessment on Monday and as it's been a while since I've updated, here are some pictures of what I've been up to:

By simplifying my movement drawings to the essence of the act,
I formed these into copper wire.
Into the wire I used expanding foam
which created some interesting organic like shapes.

From these I made some plaster moulds which I then used for slip-casting in porcelain
The foam objects were quite complex in shape
and suffered from a  lot of undercuts in the casting process
this resulted in a lot of tears and breaks in the casts
but as a collection they worked well together
Once fired I experimented with how they might look with lighting inside them.
Visualization was an essential part of this project as the work was intended for a large-scale installation. Here are images of the casts in 'situ':

a stumble-upon installation in an only rum distillery
and a suggestion as large scale stage set for a dance/physical theatre performance.
So, with Year Two, Term One coming to a close, here's my space all set up for assessment - wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment