Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Fusions in Metal and Movements in Clay

Continuing with the technique of drawing > wire > roller, I stumbled across an interesting fusion. Using scraps of metal from the off cut bin, and specifically with aluminium, there is an interesting affect that occurs:
It fuses, almost like an inlay in wood. I think it's very special.
The surface texture is quite delicious, what an exciting secondary act !
And further here with textured aluminium - the possibilities with this are so exciting!
Earlier this week we had a workshop with the clay bully. The extrusions from this are adaptable according to plates. Here are my extrusion experiments, I love the way they have movement! Once fired I will look to glaze these and introduce them to the wire drawings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment