Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Lovely Lustre (2012)

It's that time of year again, the annual Lustre event at Lakeside. I went with a keener and more inquisitive eye this year, looking at the display and quality of finish to the products on show. I was quite taken by the affordability of the wares and made a few purchases too!

I enjoyed talking with Christine Gray about her process of making these beautiful porcelain bowls:


The cast glass sculptures of Louisa Finch:


More glass sculptures by Samantha Donaldson:


Katie Gilliland's taxidermy inspired jewellery:


The attention to detail in Malin Winberg's work:


The simple yet effective designs of Jane Blease:


The technicalities and consideration applied to the work of Anna Wales:


The scaffold inspired brilliance in the jewellery of Helen Sutherland:


The illustrative delights in the textiles of Teresa Cole:


And the exciting ceramic drawings-cum-sculptures of Nicola Laidstone!

Nicola has an open studio event at the Shed 2 studios on 30th November -
I'm definitley going along to have a peek!
My purchases of the day were: 

these three bear embroideries by Natalia Kukiel...I wonder where they will go?
and a mug by Carly Dodsley - which I'm enjoying as I blog!
So all in all, it was another lovely Lustre and a pleasant addition to the work that I saw there last year. I'm keen to make it a annual visit and continue to support the new, local and inspiring makers that it attracts. Maybe I will be there one day? who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment