Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Working with Global Color

I have secured a placement with Global Color Research and although I can't upload and images about what I've specifically been up to (due to the nature of their business in trend forecasting and client proposals) I can say that I've been having a great time playing with colour palettes, materials and mood boards! 

Global Color HQ!
Examples of the trend wall at Surface & Design Show this year

It's interesting to see that the colour exercises we were playing around with in first year are really used in industry and I've been introduced to colour systems like NCS to develop palettes for client proposals.

Working mainly with Hannah Malein this past week, I have been helping with proposals for paint manufacturer Pintuco and assisting with trend boards for an Autumn/Winter 2014/15 presentation in Israel.

Here is Hannah talking about Global Color for Interiors UK 2012:



This week I'm helping Sally Davies with a materials trend photo shoot for MIX magazine and was sent along to material-lab yesterday to source some materials for the two trends Blush and Frame. I had a great time! 

Funnily enough, I was going to approach material-lab for some work experience, but I think I actually got the better deal using them as a customer! It's an amazing resource full of all kinds of materials. Going with the purpose of fulfilling a trend/mood-board was great. Being able to rummage through boxes and boxes of soft, hard, tactile and matt. Arranging colours and textures to suit, I could have stayed all day!


My two favourite finds of the day: 

concaved mirror tile
textile sample from danskina
I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, experiencing a live photo shoot, and the editing that is involved in the whole process, it's a completely new arena for me and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment