Pages

Wednesday 3 November 2010

to say hello you have to say goodbye...

A week later, after moving in, attending The Art of Influencing Change conference and meeting Paty I hire another van and clear out Ripple of all its belongings...


I spend some time saying goodbye

remembering the day we opened and how I sat right here the night before...

remembering how many parties there had been and how the last night was just perfect...
how this used to be so full of food! how I used to rush about to cook and serve it all on a thursday, on a friday on a saturday on a sunday...even on a freaky kind of tuesday night!
how this was my window to the outside world for a while....
the pretty pink wall and funky wallpaper...
the number of times I had sat here looking out!

It all got a bit much so I had a little cry....
Then, if that wasn't enough goodbyes, it was bye bye to the flat! My home that had been like a secret place of solitude (although it was above a roundabout and next to a hospital!?) I lived there for 4 years and moved in with nothing! No wonder I had so much stuff when I moved out! There was all this space that I filled....
the MASSIVE lounge
with that beautiful bay window...
that yellow staircase UP to my bedroom!
which was again massive
and had a walk in wardrobe!!! (no wonder I have so many clothes!!)
that hallway that I often walked through in the dark...
Hannah's room which became the Ripple junk room!
that kitchen which was nice but ended up WAY TOO SMALL!
the back yard....
and those steps!
AND the summer patio!

No comments:

Post a Comment